more english maps?

Alix
Re: more english maps?

Beitrag von Alix » So 21. Aug 2016, 19:24

I'll try it again. Yes you must learn at least one job... The fastest way is to use some things and an storeroom... so that the carrier can learn trader.

With this one profession and an scool you can learn all other jobs.

So if you start with an zivilist on an Island with no ressources, only with some things to carry (maybe fishes to a house) and you have a scool you ca do every thing.

@Phantowm
- making this carrier later to an farmer and send im to scool to learn trader free the millerjob and so on...

- I like "drunk" workers! you need food only for producing children and feed the woman. For all other some brewerys are "all they need"
Erst wenn Du am Abgrund stehst und nicht mehr weiter weißt erkennst Du, wer Dich zurückreißt und wer Dich springen läßt.

Beeejah

Beitrag von Beeejah » So 21. Aug 2016, 20:25

Thank you for explaining further, Alix!
I had no idea you can do so much with a school :o

"Drunk workers" :lol:

Phantowm

Beitrag von Phantowm » So 21. Aug 2016, 22:20

Oh, I think I get it now.
You have one man learn the professions you need so you can have them ready for others.
Kind of like a "Jack of all trades".
Yes, this is very clever indeed.
I sometimes use this as well. Especially when I don't have a sufficient amount of men at the start, so some will have to master more than one profession.

I must admit I may have underestimated the capabilities of the School, esp when I first started playing. Schools weren't even an priority in my village to begin with.
Kind of like tools and mead.
I, Bjarni, son of Leif, hereby pledge myself and my honour to thy sword and hilt of justice. Let there be maps, eternally created and played, for ever anon.. So that the users may feel gratitude for their time spent here.

Alix

Beitrag von Alix » Mo 22. Aug 2016, 13:38

School is one of the first thing I build ... if it is done, I free all professions! (Is very nasty if the creator disable schools!)

Why build a mill or backery if you can have a brewery? ;)

BTW: have you ever played my little school maps? (Cutures Academy = Pisastudie in german)

I also like "school of loki" = LOKIs schule (I don't know why Tommy put this map to the riddle maps...) There is no riddle only destroying ;))

Seems I must find the time to produce some more of this little maps...

If I produce a new map, first I think about "what can be the trick", "what kind of map should it be" and "how will I play" and short for the end of map creating I think about a story around this idea.
Erst wenn Du am Abgrund stehst und nicht mehr weiter weißt erkennst Du, wer Dich zurückreißt und wer Dich springen läßt.

Phantowm

Beitrag von Phantowm » Mo 22. Aug 2016, 17:20

Alix hat geschrieben:Why build a mill or backery if you can have a brewery? ;)
I still don't understand how that can be achieved.
I, Bjarni, son of Leif, hereby pledge myself and my honour to thy sword and hilt of justice. Let there be maps, eternally created and played, for ever anon.. So that the users may feel gratitude for their time spent here.

Wicki
Administrator

Beitrag von Wicki » Mo 22. Aug 2016, 19:18

for example:
your miller goes to school -> learning baker1 for bread -> learning baker 2 for cake -> then he is able to learn the job of a brewer.
Bild
Die Cultures Mappertipps : www.wickis-welt.net - jetzt auch mit RSS Feed

Beeejah

Beitrag von Beeejah » Mo 22. Aug 2016, 19:52

Phantowm hat geschrieben:
Alix hat geschrieben:Why build a mill or backery if you can have a brewery? ;)
I still don't understand how that can be achieved.
It turns out you can send a viking over and again back into the school to learn professions nobody has even mastered by actually doing them. Like in the example Wicki gives. And the more professions you make him learn, the more other professions - and buildings - become available also.

Funny thing is, when I read Wicki's hint for using the school earlier in this thread, I experimented with that in your map Fitjar :)

delfin

Beitrag von delfin » Mo 22. Aug 2016, 20:07

Alix hat geschrieben:Why build a mill or backery if you can have a brewery?
Because some people would like to build slowly and cozy intentionally :D I prefer to feed my workers as to make them be drunk always.

I will try to translate a few maps into English in my spare time. But because my English is not so good, I will be confine myself to simple texts.
Menschen hören nicht auf zu spielen, weil sie alt werden. - Sie werden alt, weil sie aufhören zu spielen.

Alix

Beitrag von Alix » Mo 22. Aug 2016, 21:04

You can also send a miller to the School to learn miller again, and so backery is free...

Phantowm

Beitrag von Phantowm » Mo 22. Aug 2016, 21:29

Wicki hat geschrieben:for example:
your miller goes to school -> learning baker1 for bread -> learning baker 2 for cake -> then he is able to learn the job of a brewer.
But the baker profession requires to be already unlocked for it to be learned there.
Or am I unfamiliar with the full potential of the School..

Antworten