more english maps?

Phantowm

Re: more english maps?

Beitrag von Phantowm » Mi 24. Aug 2016, 06:52

Beeejah hat geschrieben:The Steam version of DAW doesn't include the editor. But before I can consider trying to create maps, I think I'll first have to get better at playing the game :oops:
I'm gonna have to correct you on that one.
I have both Northland and 8th Wonder of the World on Steam and they come with their own editors.
I, Bjarni, son of Leif, hereby pledge myself and my honour to thy sword and hilt of justice. Let there be maps, eternally created and played, for ever anon.. So that the users may feel gratitude for their time spent here.

Alix

Beitrag von Alix » Mi 24. Aug 2016, 07:44

If I rember correct... in one of the last "mighty swords" you also play the Egyptians.

As I sayd somewhere before... I thinks about the "how can/will I play" , "how will the map work" and much later I create a Story.

In the 2 Maps "Die Ägypter" and "Die Sarazenen (Alix)" my idea was, only use the buildings this people have.

If you need other buildings you must kill the soldiers of the other nations. (the Zivilist will join you, if all soldiers dead.)
Erst wenn Du am Abgrund stehst und nicht mehr weiter weißt erkennst Du, wer Dich zurückreißt und wer Dich springen läßt.

Beeejah

Beitrag von Beeejah » Mi 24. Aug 2016, 09:50

Phantowm hat geschrieben:
Beeejah hat geschrieben:The Steam version of DAW doesn't include the editor. But before I can consider trying to create maps, I think I'll first have to get better at playing the game :oops:
I'm gonna have to correct you on that one.
I have both Northland and 8th Wonder of the World on Steam and they come with their own editors.
Yep, I stand corrected. Was looking with my nose apparently. Thanks!

Beeejah

Beitrag von Beeejah » Mi 24. Aug 2016, 19:40

Alix hat geschrieben: In the 2 Maps "Die Ägypter" and "Die Sarazenen (Alix)" my idea was, only use the buildings this people have.

If you need other buildings you must kill the soldiers of the other nations. (the Zivilist will join you, if all soldiers dead.)
:)
But it's a pity most of the other nations have so little types of buildings.
Phantowm hat geschrieben: That's why people have put their time and effort to develop their own creations to spice up the gameplay
Well, your latest map, Werewolf Masters, almost gave me a heartattack just now, so it's spicy enough ;)

Phantowm

Beitrag von Phantowm » Mi 24. Aug 2016, 19:58

Beeejah hat geschrieben:Well, your latest map, Werewolf Masters, almost gave me a heartattack just now, so it's spicy enough ;)
Hah, I'm glad you liked it.

Beeejah hat geschrieben:But it's a pity most of the other nations have so little types of buildings.
That's what makes them unique.
Building a Frankish village will take far less time than a normal Viking one.
But the Vikings still win the contest for most impressive buildings.
I, Bjarni, son of Leif, hereby pledge myself and my honour to thy sword and hilt of justice. Let there be maps, eternally created and played, for ever anon.. So that the users may feel gratitude for their time spent here.

Alix

Beitrag von Alix » Do 25. Aug 2016, 12:51

The Eqyptians have nothing to produce Food. No weappons! That makes the story to create interesting and the playing sometimes difficult.
Erst wenn Du am Abgrund stehst und nicht mehr weiter weißt erkennst Du, wer Dich zurückreißt und wer Dich springen läßt.

bladex

Beitrag von bladex » So 4. Sep 2016, 14:56

i have to delete this game now i have no more maps to play....

Molt

Beitrag von Molt » So 4. Sep 2016, 15:26

What's stopping you from creating your own?

Alix

Beitrag von Alix » So 4. Sep 2016, 16:54

bladex hat geschrieben:i have to delete this game now i have no more maps to play....
Tell us something about the maps you play and which you like/dislike. Maybe we can translate some more maps if we know what are your favorites.
There are over 1000 Maps in the database. I don't know how much english ones, but maybe we can translate some more.

bladex

Beitrag von bladex » So 4. Sep 2016, 17:44

i like all type of maps mainly ones that give you nothing at start and need to think what to do. i've played though and completed all the maps on tommys site.

Antworten