more english maps?

bladex

more english maps?

Beitrag von bladex » So 14. Aug 2016, 15:03

are there any other sites to get English SP maps? i have played all the maps on tommys (most can't be completed)

Wicki
Administrator
Re: more english maps?

Beitrag von Wicki » So 14. Aug 2016, 19:22

Hi bladex,

we don´t know any other site with english maps to play.
All maps in tommys database are playable. If you have any questions to a map, you couldn´t completed, ask them here in our forum. I´m sure, somebody will help you, to complete these maps.
Bild
Die Cultures Mappertipps : www.wickis-welt.net - jetzt auch mit RSS Feed

bladex

Beitrag von bladex » Mo 15. Aug 2016, 04:55

all maps are not playable I'm afraid to tell you. many trading maps suffer the same flaw having to trade something like coins but giving you no way of getting the coin mint either not supplying iron to get experience to build a smith or blocking it from being built at all and no chests/plans available to get you build it either. having the gold in storage isn't enough to build it. i can give you a dozen maps with examples of these flaws many being from tommy himself and a few from alix.

Wicki
Administrator

Beitrag von Wicki » Mo 15. Aug 2016, 14:09

1. in several maps you have to be a little bit tricky:
- did you use the school to get more experience?
- did you worked with an iron tool to diminish more gold or more iron?

2. please tell us the title of those maps which are not playable in your opinion so we can check those maps.
Bild

bladex

Beitrag von bladex » Mo 15. Aug 2016, 17:46

so you need to cheat to activate buildings?

with no more English map i can no longer even play this game. o well time to move onto something else.

Wicki
Administrator

Beitrag von Wicki » Mo 15. Aug 2016, 18:19

Using the school is no cheating
Bild

Beeejah

Beitrag von Beeejah » Mi 17. Aug 2016, 21:42

Wicki hat geschrieben:1. in several maps you have to be a little bit tricky:
- did you use the school to get more experience?
Ah, danke schön, Wicki!
I've been playing a few of the user maps recently, but got stuck in some of them because I wasn't familiair with this option. The first Cultures game I ever played was the original one, and I've always just asumed that the school worked the same in the later games :oops:
Sure wish I had known this before, especially concerning the armorer: he usually has to produce 18 short bows before he has the experience to make long bows, while I prefer to use only long bow fighters on most maps :)

Alix

Beitrag von Alix » Do 18. Aug 2016, 09:47

There are many triky things.. i linke this!

You can hunt leons, Wolfes your own cows.. dogs...
You can use catapult to destroy houses and people of friendly populations without geht them angry
With only the scool you can free all Jobs without producing anything.. so you can produce herbs without having mushrooms..

I would translate more of my maps but my english need some improvement...
Erst wenn Du am Abgrund stehst und nicht mehr weiter weißt erkennst Du, wer Dich zurückreißt und wer Dich springen läßt.

Beeejah

Beitrag von Beeejah » Do 18. Aug 2016, 13:26

Alix hat geschrieben:There are many triky things.. i linke this!
:) I can tell, I tried to play a few of your maps, and they aren't easy at all. Especially your Rätsel / Logik maps, but they are supposed to be difficult of course :)
You can hunt leons, Wolfes your own cows.. dogs...
Your own cows, really? I'll have to figure that out. And it never occured to me to hunt dogs until I read about it in a posting of you in another topic. A cultural blindness, I guess, 'cause i have tried hunting chickens.
Many a starving soldier of mine was rescued by eating lion or wolve meat, but after killing them with soldiers or heroes. Don't you end up with a virtual graveyard full of hunters if you let them go after lions or wolves?
With only the scool you can free all Jobs without producing anything.. so you can produce herbs without having mushrooms..
Uhm, is something lost in translation here, or do you actually mean you can unlock all jobs without producing anything at all?
I figured you still have to produce at least one of the raw materials (clay, wood, quary stone or mushrooms) to unlock all the jobs related to raw materials and further up in the technology tree?
I would translate more of my maps but my english need some improvement...
I'd offer to help with translating, but my German is terribly rusty and has always needed a whole lot of improvement anyway :? First I'll need to see if I'm able to just play maps in German, I've only tried maps in English so far.

Phantowm

Beitrag von Phantowm » So 21. Aug 2016, 16:56

Alix hat geschrieben:With only the school you can free all Jobs without producing anything.. so you can produce herbs without having mushrooms..
What? Is that possible?
To my knowledge this can only be achieved by having a preassigned worker producing a higher tier good, generally not available due to lack of experience at the start of the game.

Or are you talking about mastering the proficiency of iron tools? And what you call "drunk" workers? ;)
I, Bjarni, son of Leif, hereby pledge myself and my honour to thy sword and hilt of justice. Let there be maps, eternally created and played, for ever anon.. So that the users may feel gratitude for their time spent here.

Antworten