Angebot Map-Übersetzungen ins Englische

Wir freuen uns über jedes Feedback zu Usermaps und Kampagnen
thschlumpf

Re: Angebot Map-Übersetzungen ins Englische

Beitrag von thschlumpf » So 4. Jun 2017, 19:45

(for example: "saracen tent 03" for "Näherei 1" or "Frank church" for "Näherei 2").
This is another reason for using different Names. You have Workhouses, so you have a House/Building where you can produce something. And you have House/Building for your town scene. When you look through our maps, you see some Maps with playing with a foreign culture like Byzanth.

So you have on playing a map towns with a byzanth-, saracen- or egypt-looking. It is no need to know, what other cultures do in there houses. But when you play with a foreign culture or you want a other looking town, you take the foreign buildings. Then you have to known, what building is it.

I hope you understand.

When I want a nice 'marketplace' in my landscape, i take the saracen tents. When I need a Sewery, I have to look for Buildings with 'Näherei ...'
Ich bin der Schlumpf, der ständig schlumpft!

Und ich mag keinen Schiffshandel!

NorthernLight

Re: Angebot Map-Übersetzungen ins Englische

Beitrag von NorthernLight » Mo 5. Jun 2017, 01:18

Yes, of course, I understand completely - these terms are important to know which building is which so as a mapper you can also use buildings from foreign cultures. I have just taken that as another example to demonstrate that the terms used internally by the mappers and programmers do not always correspond with the terms that are used in the in-game texts of the English game version as Dreamchild already pointed out, taking the example of the mason's shop with "stone" and "marble" as opposed to the internal names "pillar" and "ornaments" used by the programmers.

It's simply important to know about these differences and to use the correct terms in the briefings so that English-speaking players know what they are supposed to do.
Cultures forever! :D

Antworten